- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Akron: Bridge Set For The Ohio & Erie Canal Summit Lake Trail
- Board Game Tournament Hosted by Veranda L'Ni
Steven Fightmaster, a DHL Express-CVG ramp lead, said "For almost a year, my co-workers and I have been fighting to join the Teamsters Union, but we've faced harassment, intimidation, and retaliation just for exercising our rights. The frustration and exhaustion have taken a toll on me and my family. We won't be silenced because we deserve respect, safety, and dignity at work. We will continue standing up for our rights until we become Teamsters!"
DHL Express has collective bargaining agreements with workers across the U.S. and Europe but is not allowing CVG workers to freely vote on union representation without interference. As a result of this interference, Teamster organizers have filed 17 unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board in an effort to seek justice for DHL Express workers.
More on Ohio Pen
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- Bread Financial Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $275 Million of New Convertible Senior Notes
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- Global Compliance Applications Corp. Announces USDC Payments Bridge
- Ohio Warehouse Equipment Announces Name Change as Part of Rebrand to Scale for Future Growth
The termination of Linsey Farrell, a DHL Express worker fighting for a safe workplace has further rallied the workforce to organize. The worker organizing committee believes that DHL has violated the National Labor Relations Act which governs a worker's right to form a union without interference as well as failed to abide by the terms of its National Neutrality Agreement between the Teamsters and DHL Express which pledges not to interfere in employee efforts to join the Teamsters in nonunion facilities. Furthermore, they believe that DHL is failing to live up to its own stated core principle of respecting workers' rights to join a union as expressed in its Global Declaration of Worker and Human Rights.
The essential ramp and tug workers are determined that their voices will be heard until they receive fair treatment from DHL Express and Deutsche Post DHL Group who must respect U.S. and German laws that govern workers' rights to form unions if they wish for these employees' loyalty in return.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Electives named 'Corporate Learning Solution of the Year' by EdTech Breakthrough
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Highlight Deployment of Enkrateia Platform for More Strategic Investments in U.S. Forests
- Strivve partners with innovative Reseda Group
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Book Club Gives Psychological Suspense Novel Eight Thumbs Up!
- Dana Incorporated to Participate in Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference
- City of Akron Accepting Applications for New Akron Police Officers
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- IPD Announces Relocation of Headquarters to Carson, CA, Marking a Historic Milestone
- Mayor Ginther Sends 2023 Capital Budget to Columbus City Council
- Citymark Capital establishes New York office, appoints Matthew Hirsch as Managing Director, Structured Capital Markets
- Dog Door in Screen Door solution for pet owners
- AIntelligent Studios Agency Launches to Disrupt Marketing
- KYC2020 Offers Free Sanctions Screening for Non-Commercial Use
- Introducing RecipeNFT: The Revolutionary Platform for Preserving Family Recipes on the Avalanche Blockchain
- Introducing Obitz.io: Revolutionizing Obituaries with Blockchain Technology
- Groundbreaking QR Code Functionality for Print Advertising