- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
- New York Young Republican Club Endorses Allen Mashburn For Lieutenant Governor Of North Carolina
The city has partnered with Ohio-based company O-I for this program. O-I donated the recycling bins to the city of Akron and has partnered with CAP Glass who will transport and process the collected glass before supplying it to an O-I facility where it will be made into new glass bottles and jars.
"We know how important recycling is to our residents and we're proud to offer this solution for glass recycling here in Akron," said Mayor Horrigan. "Glass is infinitely recyclable if we can capture it without contaminating the supply with other recyclables and waste, which is exactly what this program will do. Akron, our residents, Ohio manufacturing, and our environment all benefit from this program, and I can't wait to see our residents utilize this sustainable solution for glass."
More on Ohio Pen
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
Elizabeth Hupp, Global Social Engagement Leader at O-I said: "O-I is committed to sustainability and social impact, and glass recycling contributes to these commitments in many ways, including waste reduction, material conservation, energy reduction and job creation. We are excited to launch this partnership with the City of Akron to create a more circular economy for glass packaging. The glass recycled in Akron will be recycled at our Zanesville facility where it can become new sustainable glass packaging in as little as 30 days."
Residents are encouraged to gather their clean food jars and bottles (no need to remove labels), wash them out and remove any caps or corks before dropping them off at one of the five locations listed above. Items that are not acceptable for glass recycling include windows, mirrors, light bulbs solar panels heat-resistant glass (e.g., Pyrex), drinking glasses computer/TV screens ceramics vases etc. For more information on the program please visit the city's Engage page here or contact Stephanie Marsh Chief Communications Officer at 330-375-2754 or via email.
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Kaiser Consulting Awarded a #1 Spot in Central Ohio's 2023 Best Places to Work
- Altercare Locations Earn U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes Award
- Chemed Corporation to Present at the BofA Securities 2023 Virtual Home Care Conference
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated to Present at the Goldman Sachs US Financial Services Conference
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Engine Leak Solutions Launches to Tackle Leaks with Innovative Absorbent Pads
- Champion Awards Acknowledge Yaskawa's Dedicated Support for the ARM Institute
- Zivian Health Predicts 5 Trends in Digital Healthcare Coming in 2024
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Ensuring Product Safety in Medical Fridges & Freezers