- Finit Named to the Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology™ List for the Second Consecutive Year
- ISS Recommends Blucora Stockholders Vote For Boardroom Change on Ancora's WHITE Proxy Card
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
Today, we reach out to share some personal Hanna Family news. Doctors have diagnosed our dad, Jack Hanna, with dementia, now believed to be Alzheimer's disease. His condition has progressed much faster in the last few months than any of us could have anticipated. Sadly, Dad is no longer able to participate in public life as he used to, where people all over the world watched, learned and laughed alongside him.
A passion for wildlife conservation and education has been at the core of who our dad is and everything he has accomplished with the help of so many. He has spent his life connecting people and wildlife because he has always believed that having people see and experience animals is key to engaging them in more impactful conservation efforts. He's always said, "You have to touch the heart to teach the mind." Even though Dad is no longer able to travel and work in the same way, we know that his infectious enthusiasm has touched many hearts and will continue to be his legacy.
More on Ohio Pen
- Period Partner® Donates 30,000+ Products to United Way Central Alberta
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- $125M Growth Round Fuels Keyfactor and PrimeKey Merger
- Modern Campus Wins Gold and People's Choice Stevie® Awards for Customer Service
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has been a major part of our lives since we moved to Central Ohio as young girls in 1978. From day one, Dad advocated for improved wildlife habitats and focused on connecting the community with animals. After he left his active management role as Executive Director in 1992, he continued to be a spokesperson for the zoo until his retirement last year.
Dad engaged with millions of households through his media appearances and weekly television programs – including Animal Adventures, Into the Wild and Wild Countdown. This allowed him to bring an unparalleled level of awareness to the importance of global conservation given the unrelenting pressures on the natural environment. To say that we are abundantly proud to be his daughters is an understatement.
Dad loves the Columbus Zoo and The Wilds and has great appreciation for the hundreds of employees and volunteers, who work extremely hard each day to care for the animals and ensure an incredible experience for the families who visit. We share his dedication to the Central Ohio community and will continue to support the Columbus Zoo and conservation efforts around the world.
More on Ohio Pen
- PartsSource President and CEO Philip Settimi Named to Top 50 Healthcare Technology CEO List
- Downtown Akron's Lock 3 Releases 2021 Summer Concert and Event Schedule
- Columbus: 2021 State of the City
- Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Announces Acceptance of Therapeutics Focused Abstract for Presentation at the Frontiers in Cancer Immunotherapy Symposium
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
Our mom – Suzi – has been by his side for 53 years in every corner of the world. She continues to be his rock (and ours, too). We have great respect and admiration for Mom as we move through not only this difficult time with Dad, but also Julie's continued life-long challenges from her childhood leukemia, as she is currently recovering from major surgery.
While Dad's health has deteriorated quickly, we can assure you that his great sense of humor continues to shine through. And yes – he still wears his khakis at home.
To keep everyone safe in light of COVID-19 restrictions, we are asking for privacy, which is ironic given Dad's love of interacting with people. We are grateful that the many hearts he's touched over the years are with him during this journey, which gives us strength.
Thank you, and we appreciate your understanding –
Kathaleen, Suzanne and Julie Hanna
SOURCE The Hanna Family
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Rize Introduces New, Easy-to-Ship Line of Upholstered Beds
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- MBMA Releases How It's Built Video
- Tampax Enters esports Arena With First-Ever Tampax Gaming Fest
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling
- Histria Books announces the release of Molly – A Love Story to help support animal shelters
- Healthcare Leader Jason Thomas Named President and COO of Central Ohio Urology Group
- Author's Stunning Coming of Age Novel Wins Multiple Literary Awards
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority ("CMHA") Provides Notice Of Data Privacy Incident
- National Association of Tax Professionals hires new manager of state chapter activity
- Bidding Now Open for the NFT Artwork For Sale Entitled 'The Sunrise' by Digital Artist, Kevin Douglas Wright
- OS-Independent, License-Free On-Chip SAE J1939 Protocol Stack for Embedded, Linux, and Windows Systems
- Constant Aviation Earns FAA Safety Management System Certification
- PAOG To Publish Latest CBD Pharmaceutical Developments Tomorrow, Tuesday April 13, 2021
- International Institute of Forecasters Announces the Appointment of Two New Board Members
- PermaTherm Launches New Website
- Partner Platform announces integration with Lightspeed Voice
- Forrest Richardson and Jeff Danner Announce New Golf Design Firm
- Contracting Resources Group Awarded ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Quality Management System