- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Akron: Bridge Set For The Ohio & Erie Canal Summit Lake Trail
- Board Game Tournament Hosted by Veranda L'Ni
The Gold & Silver Plate Awards is the longest-running and most respected awards program in foodservice. Each year, a distinguished jury of industry experts weighs the merits of candidates who represent the best in the industry. Winners receive the Silver Plate Award and one is then chosen by secret ballot to receive the Gold Plate Award for overall industry excellence.
At the awards ceremony, Shelly was lauded by her mentor, Chief Operating Officer of Cincinnati Public Schools, Chris Burkhardt who told the attending crowd that Shelly "has right-sized, trained, led, coached, strategized, and innovated to become one of the most respected K-12 directors in the country." In accepting her award, Shelly thanked her husband, three sons and team before expressing her gratitude to food manufacturers who make up a majority of event attendees: "You here tonight are the reason I can feed my kids nutritious meals every day – because you're so dedicated to your businesses. Thank you for helping me nourish our future."
More on Ohio Pen
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- Bread Financial Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $275 Million of New Convertible Senior Notes
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- Global Compliance Applications Corp. Announces USDC Payments Bridge
- Ohio Warehouse Equipment Announces Name Change as Part of Rebrand to Scale for Future Growth
As Director of Student Dining Services for Cincinnati Public Schools, Shelly is responsible for overseeing service of over 60,000 meals each day at 67 schools. Her unique implementations such as salad bars and cultural spice stations in every school have made her a trailblazer in school nutrition. In addition to these initiatives she has also implemented reimbursable meal vending machines; a clean label initiative; and a local small business minority-owned purchasing focus.
The other 2023 Silver Plate recipients were Dickie Brennan (Independent Restaurants), David Deno (Chain Full Service), Sharon Eliatamby (Business & Industry/Foodservice Management), Jill Horst (Colleges & Universities), Chef Max Knoepfel (Travel & Leisure), Rob Lynch (Chain Limited Service), Mendy Meriwether (Grocery Convenience & Specialty Retail) and Randall J Sparrow (Healthcare).
IFMA President & CEO Phil Kafarakis said that "the nine honorees in this year's class are inspiring" adding that "hearing from their mentors during our awards ceremony – something we added this year – also brought home the knowledge that we all benefit from wisdom and counsel of those that came before us". The 2024 Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration will be held on Saturday May 18th 2024.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Electives named 'Corporate Learning Solution of the Year' by EdTech Breakthrough
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Highlight Deployment of Enkrateia Platform for More Strategic Investments in U.S. Forests
- Strivve partners with innovative Reseda Group
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Book Club Gives Psychological Suspense Novel Eight Thumbs Up!
- Dana Incorporated to Participate in Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference
- City of Akron Accepting Applications for New Akron Police Officers
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- IPD Announces Relocation of Headquarters to Carson, CA, Marking a Historic Milestone
- Mayor Ginther Sends 2023 Capital Budget to Columbus City Council
- Citymark Capital establishes New York office, appoints Matthew Hirsch as Managing Director, Structured Capital Markets
- Dog Door in Screen Door solution for pet owners
- AIntelligent Studios Agency Launches to Disrupt Marketing
- KYC2020 Offers Free Sanctions Screening for Non-Commercial Use
- Introducing RecipeNFT: The Revolutionary Platform for Preserving Family Recipes on the Avalanche Blockchain
- Introducing Obitz.io: Revolutionizing Obituaries with Blockchain Technology
- Groundbreaking QR Code Functionality for Print Advertising