- 2022-10-03 - Mayor Horrigan and Akron City Council Now Accepting Applications for Citizen Oversight Board
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- Corrupt Nypd Official Captured On Camera
WASHINGTON, Aug. 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Entrepreneurs nationwide are competing this summer to gain national exposure and product placement at major retailers through the 'Perfect Pitch', sponsored by SCORE, mentors to America's small businesses, and the MagicMakers Group (MMG), a collective of former Disney executives and experts.
'Perfect Pitch' participants have the chance to be featured on the TV program America's Big Deal to pitch their products to home viewers. At the end of each episode, the contestant with the highest sales gets the chance to strike a deal with either Lowe's, Macy's or QVC/HSN.
Contestants of SCORE's 'Perfect Pitch' event also receive national exposure and the opportunity to secure major investments, distribution or networking opportunities with Walmart, Sam's Club and other retailers.
How 'Perfect Pitch' works
To help entrepreneurs prepare for the contest, SCORE offered free training on how to successfully pitch a product. Each of the 237 entrepreneurs competing were then paired with one of SCORE's expert, volunteer mentors to provide one-on-one coaching and guidance. Mentors worked with their mentees to review business plans, provide feedback, resources, tools and support.
Entrepreneurs presented their product pitch to panelists from SCORE, MMG, retail launchpad pop-up shops for Sam's Club and America's Big Deal for the chance to be selected to appear on America's Big Deal or secure an opportunity with a major retailer.
More on Ohio Pen
- Wastewater Facilities Turn to Greasezilla® for Upstream Fats, Oils & Grease Solution and Revenue Generation
- Presenting Traveling Hands Massage
- P&G to Host the Procter & Gamble 2022 Virtual Annual Meeting of Shareholders October 11
- Solina to acquire Saratoga Food Specialties
- Multi Radiance Medical Therapeutic Laser Receives FDA Clearance for The Treatment of Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia
"Pitch events are a prime example of how SCORE fosters small business success through mentoring and education," explains Ed Coleman, a certified SCORE mentor and district director for SCORE Washington DC. "SCORE can help small business owners prepare their products to sell, pitch to key retail executives and ultimately achieve their business dreams."
Small business owners benefit from mentor support
Entrepreneurs and 'Perfect Pitch' participants Javier and Jasmine Huertas, owners of Cusina Maya Cookware based in Chesterland, Ohio, appreciated the opportunity: "Not only did we receive excellent coaching, but it enabled us to focus our message and brand and perfect our elevator pitch. SCORE consistently pushed us to be better, giving us the tools, support and opportunities that we would not have found on our own. We are thankful for this opportunity to grow and for the mentors that are cheering us on."
SCORE New York City client Odaisha Ajayi, owner of Bailey's Furr Pup Cafe, said 'Perfect Pitch' helped her grow: "When I partnered with a SCORE mentor, it challenged me as a business owner to think and grow in areas I had not considered before."
SCORE supports entrepreneurs in all stages of their small business journey, offering expert mentoring, resilience training and on-demand educational resources. Visit SCORE.org to learn more.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped 11 million entrepreneurs start or grow a business. SCORE's 10,000 volunteers provide free mentoring, workshops and educational services to 1,500+ communities nationwide, creating 25,084 new businesses and 71,475 non-owner jobs in 2021 alone. Visit SCORE at www.score.org. Follow @SCOREMentors on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
More on Ohio Pen
- Local Entrepreneur to Appear on New Reality Show on the BLKGTV App
- California Entrepreneur Uses AI Technology To Create Stunning, Lifelike Artwork
- Take a Helicopter Ride and Peer Down at the Splendors of Autumn Engulfing Nikko, Japan's Lake Chuzenji!
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Cedar Fair Announces Changes to Its Board of Directors
- Next-generation Supply Chain Resilience from SiliconExpert to Debut at Electronica 2022
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- Athersys to Host Business Update Conference Call on October 6th
- Seeking More Equitable Contract, Kroger Health Sends Notice of Intent to Terminate to Express Scripts, Inc.
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
- City of Akron Seeking Parade Units for the 35th Annual Welcome Santa Holiday Parade
- Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Appoints Joshua Wilson to the Board of Directors; Announces Dates Related to its 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- Civista Bancshares, Inc. To Acquire Vision Financial Group, Inc.
- Corrupt Nypd Official Captured On Camera
- AesirX DMA releases 5 new marketing channels giving 100 Free delivered posts to 4 Social Media sites per day
- GreenPromoCode.com Announces Huge Black Friday Promo Codes, Coupons & Deals
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- Fifth Third Bank Makes BLINK Attractions Carbon Neutral with Help from Duke Energy
- Akron: Mayor Horrigans State of the City Address Rescheduled for March 22, 2023
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- City of Akron to Celebrate Trick or Treat on Saturday, October 29 from 5-7 PM
- Forge Biologics to Present and Participate at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Akron: Mayor Horrigan to Begin Accepting Applications for Next Round of Violence Intervention and Prevention Grants on Oct. 1
- Checkpoint Surgical launches CHECKPOINT GEMINI™ Bipolar Nerve Stimulator for precise stimulation
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT