"Sustainability is key to our success as a community. Businesses play a vital role and the GreenSpotLight award winners demonstrate how adopting green practices is good for the bottom line and our neighborhoods," said Mayor Andrew J. Ginther.
These organizations use the MyGreenSpot online tool to adopt and track their sustainability successes in water and energy conservation, waste reduction, green transportation and educational outreach.
Columbus City Councilmember Emmanuel V. Remy, chair of the Council Environment Committee, recognized these businesses for their success. "In order for businesses to be successful, they need to integrate sustainability into their core mission. These GreenSpotLight awardees demonstrate that it is possible."
More on Ohio Pen
- An Original Radio Play Mystery Comedy "The Case of the Missing Parents"
- Nina West Came To Slay This Halloween
- Fine Art, Jewelry & Decorative Arts at Auction this Autumn at Shapiro Auctions
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine and University of the Southwest Partner to Offer Students Medical School Opportunity
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
Additionally, three organizations were recognized for completing GreenSpot's Sustainable Business Course. This program provides mentoring and networking opportunities as the businesses go through the GreenSpot application process. This diverse group of organizations received special recognition:
- Civil and Environmental Consultants
The SpotLight also highlights Indianola Informal K-12 as the first Columbus city school to be designated as a GreenSpot School for their work in engaging students on litter cleanups, food gardens, composting, recycling and water conservation and protection. Their culture of sustainability will install environmental stewardship for years to come.
The newest recognized GreenSpot Neighborhood is Clintonville. Their successes include:
- Recruited more than 400 new GreenSpot members;
- Promoted local foods through farmers markets, master gardeners and vegan fest;
- Created sustainability Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts;
- Promoted energy audits resulting in 258 home energy audits; and
- Removed invasive species, planted trees and maintained a prairie.
Due to COVID-19, the awards were virtual, pre-recorded and aired September 21, 2020. See the recorded GreenSpotLight Awards on GreenSpot Facebook "ColumbusGreenSpot" and on their website.
More on Ohio Pen
- HEV Market to Drive Robust Gains in Global Automotive Battery Demand Through 2024
- Wooask S01 - World's Most Powerful AI Voice Recorder
- Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Announces Release Date for Third Quarter 2020 Results
- Lee Doubleo Drops Debut Single 'SLUSHIE' with Sexy Halloween Club Banger Theme
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
The GreenSpot Program began in 2008 to inspire, educate and recognize those in our community who are taking steps to protect our environment. Currently there are more than 20,000 households, community groups and businesses that are members. Membership forms are available at https://www.columbus.gov/greenspot/
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Brilligent Solutions to Join the Formation of BlueHalo in Combination with AEgis Technologies and Applied Technology Associates
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Shiloh Industries, Inc. to Proceed with Sale to Grouper Holdings, LLC, a Subsidiary of MiddleGround Capital
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Stephen Dybwad Brings Safe Money Radio To Cincinnati
- Welltower Issues Business Update
- City of Columbus Extends Outdoor Dining Program
- TA Express Opens in Carthage, Texas
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- Hyland releases OnBase Integration for Salesforce on Salesforce AppExchange, the World's Leading Enterprise Cloud Marketplace
- Gerber, LLC Hosts "Predicting Financial Success: Developing an Appropriate Cash Flow Forecast"
- Gerber, LLC Hosts "Leading to Success: Leadership Hiring During COVID-19"
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Pampers Pure Now Features Plant-Based Liner Enriched with Shea Butter, Giving Parents What They Prefer For Their Little Ones
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Kroger Health Launches COVID-19 Rapid Antibody Testing at Pharmacy Locations
- Three Ohio Living Nursing Homes Recognized as Top Performers by U.S. News and World Report