- Finit Named to the Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology™ List for the Second Consecutive Year
- ISS Recommends Blucora Stockholders Vote For Boardroom Change on Ancora's WHITE Proxy Card
- Basic Techniques for Accurate Resistance Measurement
"Community gardens help engage students and family, an important goal in the One Linden Plan," said Mayor Andrew J. Ginther. "The goal is to make the Linden McKinley STEM Academy the first in central Ohio to offer unique agricultural oriented programming to urban students who are talented in science and mathematics."
This investment is aligned with the One Linden Plan and its focus on supporting student success. Funding will provide new water taps, irrigation, electricity and fencing for the community gardens at 1267-1269 25th Ave. and 1275-1277 25th Ave. in Linden.
"It is important to celebrate the many exciting developments that are occurring in Linden today. I appreciate the partnership with Columbus City Schools to ensure this innovative program, the only one of its kind in central Ohio, is available to the young people of Linden," stated Carla Williams-Scott, Director of the Department of Neighborhoods.
More on Ohio Pen
- Period Partner® Donates 30,000+ Products to United Way Central Alberta
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- $125M Growth Round Fuels Keyfactor and PrimeKey Merger
- Modern Campus Wins Gold and People's Choice Stevie® Awards for Customer Service
The Columbus City Schools have been working to take current programming and align it with new and innovative ways to engage students and families. More than 90 Linden-McKinley STEM Academy students participate in the program and will use the gardens daily.
"This is an exciting example of engaging students through hands-on learning that can prepare them for new career paths. Those students at Linden-McKinley STEM Academy are going to receive real world experience that will not only benefit themselves, but their families and community as well. I applaud the Department of Neighborhoods for creating an environment that will inspire and support the next generation of leaders at the Linden-McKinley STEM Academy," stated Columbus City Council Member Rob Dorans.
The Department of Neighborhoods serves as the front door to the city by providing information and services for Columbus residents to ensure strong and vibrant neighborhoods.
Latest on Ohio Pen
- CBIZ to Announce First-Quarter 2021 Results on April 29, 2021
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- Root Inc. Proud To Unveil No. 23 Toyota Camry Paint Scheme
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Kyle Media and Aidentified Partnership Sets New Standard for Marketing Efficiency and ROI via AI-based Sales & Marketing Platform for Marine Marketers
- Simply Brilliant: GE Lighting, a Savant company Introduces Its Closest Light to Natural Sunlight
- Critical Preterm Infant Research Utilizes Skin Temperature Monitoring
- Retail Value Inc. Announces First Quarter Earnings Release Date
- 'Better Business with Barnes' Podcast Series Explores Non-profit Fundraising and the Transition to a Virtual World
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- Rize Introduces New, Easy-to-Ship Line of Upholstered Beds
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- MBMA Releases How It's Built Video
- Tampax Enters esports Arena With First-Ever Tampax Gaming Fest
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling