- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Akron: Bridge Set For The Ohio & Erie Canal Summit Lake Trail
- Board Game Tournament Hosted by Veranda L'Ni
The new station will be 14,959 sq. ft. and cost approximately $9.5M. It is expected to open in late summer of 2024 and will have 9 beds and, at a minimum, will have a crew of 6 firefighter/medics, an Engine, and a med unit. Highlights of the new Station No. 12 include 3 full apparatus bays, living quarters for 9 firefighter/medics, equipment decontamination facilities and an air drying hose tower.
More on Ohio Pen
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- Bread Financial Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $275 Million of New Convertible Senior Notes
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- Global Compliance Applications Corp. Announces USDC Payments Bridge
- Ohio Warehouse Equipment Announces Name Change as Part of Rebrand to Scale for Future Growth
Mayor Horrigan expressed his excitement for the entire Akron community saying "In 2018, we broke ground on fire station 2 in Middlebury which was the first new fire station in Akron in 22 years. Now, just a few short years later, we're happy to break ground on yet another new fire station making it the third one in 5 years and marking our latest investment into Akron Fire."
Fire Chief Natko noted that Station 12 has been serving the Akron community for 72 years averaging almost 3,000 calls in 2022 and that this new building will help their firefighter/medics better serve Akron while keeping their firefighters safer as they answer calls to protect residents.
The City has already begun discussions to evaluate which station will be up next for replacement following Station 12's completion late summer 2024. For further information contact Stephanie Marsh Chief Communications Officer at 330-375-2754 or via email address provided by press office
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Electives named 'Corporate Learning Solution of the Year' by EdTech Breakthrough
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Highlight Deployment of Enkrateia Platform for More Strategic Investments in U.S. Forests
- Strivve partners with innovative Reseda Group
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Book Club Gives Psychological Suspense Novel Eight Thumbs Up!
- Dana Incorporated to Participate in Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference
- City of Akron Accepting Applications for New Akron Police Officers
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- IPD Announces Relocation of Headquarters to Carson, CA, Marking a Historic Milestone
- Mayor Ginther Sends 2023 Capital Budget to Columbus City Council
- Citymark Capital establishes New York office, appoints Matthew Hirsch as Managing Director, Structured Capital Markets
- Dog Door in Screen Door solution for pet owners
- AIntelligent Studios Agency Launches to Disrupt Marketing
- KYC2020 Offers Free Sanctions Screening for Non-Commercial Use
- Introducing RecipeNFT: The Revolutionary Platform for Preserving Family Recipes on the Avalanche Blockchain
- Introducing Obitz.io: Revolutionizing Obituaries with Blockchain Technology
- Groundbreaking QR Code Functionality for Print Advertising