- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Akron: Bridge Set For The Ohio & Erie Canal Summit Lake Trail
- Board Game Tournament Hosted by Veranda L'Ni
The prime recipient of the project is Battelle, who will collaborate with industry-leading partners such as Climeworks and Heirloom to bring their global expertise to this first-of-its-kind initiative. The Hub is proposed for a site in southwest Louisiana, where carbon captured from the ambient air would be safely and permanently stored underground by leading geologic storage company Gulf Coast Sequestration.
Project Cypress will make robust investments in the local community and region by creating a host of new jobs throughout the design, construction, and operation of the project. This two-way dialogue between stakeholders such as business groups, housing advocates, job training teams and new energy advocates will ensure that the community is intimately involved in shaping the characteristics and deployment of the project in order to maximize its benefits to the economy, environment, and local neighbors.
More on Ohio Pen
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- Bread Financial Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $275 Million of New Convertible Senior Notes
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- Global Compliance Applications Corp. Announces USDC Payments Bridge
- Ohio Warehouse Equipment Announces Name Change as Part of Rebrand to Scale for Future Growth
Shawn Bennett, Manager of Battelle's Energy and Resilience Division said "This is the kind of project we've been working towards for decades and fits with our overall climate focus. Direct Air Capture technology is an important bridge to a future that greatly reduces the amount of legacy carbon dioxide in our atmosphere."
Dirk Nuber, Chief of Project Development at Climeworks added "Uniting Climeworks' experience in Direct Air Capture combined with storage and Battelle's decades-long experience in critical services and large project leadership is an exciting opportunity to bring high-quality carbon removal to Louisiana, and beyond."
Max Scholten from Heirloom also commented "We believe that Project Cypress will form the blueprint for what highly scalable, equitable and just deployments of Direct Air Capture technologies could look like going forward."
By siting Project Cypress in a region with a long history of fossil fuel production and related industrial activity, developers intend to leverage existing workforce skillsets to construct and operate Project Cypress; bringing fossil energy employees into energy transition jobs for southwest Louisiana. The Hub will combine leading DAC technologies with one of the most mature Class VI well applications for saline storage in Gulf Coast region.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Electives named 'Corporate Learning Solution of the Year' by EdTech Breakthrough
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Highlight Deployment of Enkrateia Platform for More Strategic Investments in U.S. Forests
- Strivve partners with innovative Reseda Group
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Book Club Gives Psychological Suspense Novel Eight Thumbs Up!
- Dana Incorporated to Participate in Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference
- City of Akron Accepting Applications for New Akron Police Officers
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- IPD Announces Relocation of Headquarters to Carson, CA, Marking a Historic Milestone
- Mayor Ginther Sends 2023 Capital Budget to Columbus City Council
- Citymark Capital establishes New York office, appoints Matthew Hirsch as Managing Director, Structured Capital Markets
- Dog Door in Screen Door solution for pet owners
- AIntelligent Studios Agency Launches to Disrupt Marketing
- KYC2020 Offers Free Sanctions Screening for Non-Commercial Use
- Introducing RecipeNFT: The Revolutionary Platform for Preserving Family Recipes on the Avalanche Blockchain
- Introducing Obitz.io: Revolutionizing Obituaries with Blockchain Technology
- Groundbreaking QR Code Functionality for Print Advertising