- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Akron: Bridge Set For The Ohio & Erie Canal Summit Lake Trail
- Board Game Tournament Hosted by Veranda L'Ni
The deteriorated asphalt roadway pavement will be resurfaced within the project limits, while utility castings in the road will be adjusted to better match the pavement surface elevation for a smoother riding surface. Curb ramps will also be constructed where missing, and those in poor condition or not ADA compliant will be replaced.
A review of traffic accident data showed a total of 238 accidents from 2018 to current on East Market Street between East Buchtel Avenue and Case Avenue, with 131 accidents from 2018 to current on East Market between Innovation Way and I76. Many of these accidents are contributed to rear end collisions when vehicles are stopping or slowing down in a travel lane, with sideswipe accidents from changing lanes making up 66 of the crashes.
More on Ohio Pen
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- Bread Financial Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $275 Million of New Convertible Senior Notes
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- Global Compliance Applications Corp. Announces USDC Payments Bridge
- Ohio Warehouse Equipment Announces Name Change as Part of Rebrand to Scale for Future Growth
In order to reduce these types of accidents, the roadway striping will be changed from two travel lanes in each direction to one travel lane in each direction with a two-way left turn lane in the middle of the roadway. This type of resurfacing is recognized as a proven safety countermeasure by the Federal Highway Administration, which has demonstrated that it can reduce vehicle-to-vehicle crashes and lower vehicle speeds through the corridor.
Questions, comments, and concerns regarding this project may be sent by June 19th via email or mailed to Akron Engineering Bureau at 166 South High Street Design Division Room 701 Akron Ohio 44308 Attn: Matthew Neff. For further information contact Kelli Stewart at Communications Specialist - Public Service E-mail: .
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Electives named 'Corporate Learning Solution of the Year' by EdTech Breakthrough
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Highlight Deployment of Enkrateia Platform for More Strategic Investments in U.S. Forests
- Strivve partners with innovative Reseda Group
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Book Club Gives Psychological Suspense Novel Eight Thumbs Up!
- Dana Incorporated to Participate in Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference
- City of Akron Accepting Applications for New Akron Police Officers
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- IPD Announces Relocation of Headquarters to Carson, CA, Marking a Historic Milestone
- Mayor Ginther Sends 2023 Capital Budget to Columbus City Council
- Citymark Capital establishes New York office, appoints Matthew Hirsch as Managing Director, Structured Capital Markets
- Dog Door in Screen Door solution for pet owners
- AIntelligent Studios Agency Launches to Disrupt Marketing
- KYC2020 Offers Free Sanctions Screening for Non-Commercial Use
- Introducing RecipeNFT: The Revolutionary Platform for Preserving Family Recipes on the Avalanche Blockchain
- Introducing Obitz.io: Revolutionizing Obituaries with Blockchain Technology
- Groundbreaking QR Code Functionality for Print Advertising