- New Active Ingredients Hold Potential to Disrupt Household Pesticides Market
- MDAdvantage Appoints Pete Cammarano to Board of Directors
- Rustic Deco Launches B2B Wholesale Furniture Website
Like any new brand launching in the year of the pandemic, 2020 proved to be a challenge for Meltdown. But, Meltdown owners, the Steere family, including patriarch Bill, along with sons Brock and Brian, were in this for the long haul, and the rocky start allowed them time to continue product development.
It wasn't until later in the summer that they turned their ad agency, Scales, the agency known for building the YETI brand, loose to introduce Meltdown to the affluent drinker.
One move was to sponsor the Bourbon Pursuit podcast. A few weeks into that sponsorship, Bourbon Pursuit partner, Kenny Coleman, decided to post the now famous Tik-Tok video of a Meltdown making an ice ball. Within hours, the video was seen by over 5,000 people. By the next morning, that number had skyrocketed to 3.1 million and the proverbial snowball was rolling down the hill.
More on Ohio Pen
- Agile20Reflect Festival Free Global Agile Festival over 550+ Events Starts 31st Jan
- International Powersports Manufacturer BRP Names PSXDigital as Preferred CRM Vendor
- Global Power Tool Market to Quickly Recover from 2020's Pandemic-Induced Shortfalls
- Neue Auctions' online Valentine Jewelry Auction, Feb. 6th, has fine jewelry items priced just right
- PAOG Takes Next Step To Produce Cannabis Nutraceuticals
The Steeres were soon pulling out all stops to keep up with manufacturing and order fulfillment, and by the time the dust settled, over 10.3 million people had seen the video.
One group that noticed was Gloss, a media company that curates the best in art, food and culture. They showed "Food Porn," an Australian-based concern for foodies who reposted the video on Facebook, and the second sales spike had begun. This early November post was seen by 29.7 million people. And that resulted in an Instagram post by celebrity Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. His post was viewed by 21.1 million people.
All told, by Thanksgiving, over 100 million people watched the viral video. As for the Steeres, they are busy trying to deliver Meltdowns and are thankful for viral videos. They are sending special personalized Meltdowns to "Food Porn" and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
About Meltdown: A sphere is the optimal shape for the ice in your drink. An ice ball has 24% less surface area compared to the same volume of ice in cube form. Less surface area exposed to warm liquid means slower ice melt and less drink dilution without sacrificing chilling power. The coolest way to make ice balls is with a Meltdown Ice Ball Press.
More on Ohio Pen
- Camp Ho Mita Koda Receives $60,000 To Fund Transition Into A Year-round Facility
- Introducing DJ Hustle, DJ, Producer, Artist, Photographer, Actor and Author
- Wohler releases Dolby Atmos 3D Room Visualizer for their iAM-12G-SDI
- PhaseZero Announces Integration with WHI to Improve Digital Commerce and Customer Experience for Heavy-Duty and Automotive Aftermarket Industry
- Owens Corning to Announce Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2020 Financial Results on February 17
Ice ball presses have become very popular. But if you've used one, you probably question their two-pin design. These pins can be difficult to line up, and because ice does not melt uniformly, this design can cause chattering. The pins are also susceptible to damage.
Meltdown has no pins. The cover rides down grooves built into the base. This design makes it far easier to align and it is not prone to chattering or accidental damage.
It takes about a minute to make a perfect sphere of ice in Meltdown. But it is worth the wait as your guests can watch the meltwater cascading down the sides of Meltdown as the ice melts. It's mesmerizing and makes for a great conversation piece.
There are three Meltdown models. All Meltdown Ice Ball Presses are proudly made in America. Meltdown can be engraved with your initials.
To learn more, visit MeltdownIce.com
SOURCE Meltdown Ice Ball Press
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Peoples Bancorp Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Diebold Nixdorf Launches DN Series™ EASY - A Revolutionary Self-Service Platform Built To Transform The Shopping And Checkout Experience
- Gembah Sees Exponential Growth Year-Over-Year as eCommerce Industry Thrives
- Through a $500 Million Partnership with the State of Ohio, JobsOhio and Ohio Development Services Agency, Cleveland Clinic Forms Global Center for Pathogen Research & Human Health
- MC Companies and Move For Hunger Announce Collaborative Effort to Fight Hunger Nationwide
- Aerobiotix Announces FDA 510(k) Clearance of Medical Ultraviolet Air Filtration System
- Simply The Best Digital To Provide Digital Marketing Services to Urgent Home Care - Palm Beach's Leading Home Health Service
- Nation's Largest African American-Owned Architecture Firm Moody Nolan Receives Highest Honor from the American Institute of Architects
- 1-800-PACK-RAT Acquires Storage Squad, a Leader in the Student Storage Industry
- White Palms Fire Equipment Doubles Down on Online Presence By Hiring Leading Digital Marketing Company, Simply the Best Digital
- Mark Peters Assumes Lab Operations Leadership Role for Battelle
- Touchstone Investments Appoints Mary Mock to Senior Vice President and Head of Distribution
- Ohio Preps for Virtual Celebration as Governor DeWine Proclaims Jan. 24-Jan. 30 "Ohio School Choice Week"
- More Than 300 Rare Antiques, Art & Memorabilia Pieces Ready for Virtual Auction from the Falls-Wyse Archive
- Six Features a D3P Needs to Make the Cloud 17a-4 Compliant
- Vote to Honor Essential Workers In Gratitude Campaign Organized by Jackie Bertolette At HauteOhio.com
- 'Transpotainment' Trends Buoy Flailing Motorcycle Sales During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Transtar Holding Company Announces Sale to Blue Point Capital Partners
- All Eyes On Pi For Pro Football's Biggest Game As DIGIORNO® Again Offers Fans A Chance To Win Free Pizza
- Kaizen Finance Launches Staking to Foster the Widespread Adoption of DeFi