- Why should I use a company for Air Duct Cleaning in NJ
- Agent Timothy Braue Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- Federal Defendants Acquitted of Conspiracy to Possess and Possession of 279 Kilos of Cocaine
"We are experiencing a housing crisis in our city and across the region," Mayor Ginther said. "We cannot ignore how regional under-production is displacing working families and pushing vulnerable residents toward homelessness. This strategy outlines our plan for accelerating regional housing construction and focusing city resources on ensuring housing affordability for households earning less than $50,000 per year."
At the core of the Columbus Housing Strategy is the impetus to build more housing at all price points region-wide. It calls for collaboration and investment from regional civic leadership, developers and the people who live and work in Central Ohio to double the number of housing units built over the next 15 years. Through the strategy, the City of Columbus commits to leading in this charge by reforming codes, policies and processes so that units can be built faster.
More on Ohio Pen
- Orbex Launches "The Ultimate Trading Course" Live Educational Series
- Babcock & Wilcox Awarded $42 Million Contract for Installation of Environmental Equipment for U.S. Power Plant
- "DJ Mark Battle" Keeps Draymond Green on the dancefloor for hours during Wedding Weekend Extravaganza
- American Financial Group, Inc. Increases Annual Common Stock Dividend by 12.5%; Seventeenth Consecutive Year of Dividend Increases
- Ellipse Solutions Exhibiting at Community Summit North America 2022
The strategy also focuses dollars and city resources to ensure more equitable outcomes in housing through three strategies:
- Preserve existing housing affordability to minimize displacement in growing neighborhoods. Through robust tenant protections, strategic acquisitions and home repair programs for low-income homeowners, the city will work to preserve existing affordable housing and protect residents from evictions and displacement.
- Invest in housing the market won't provide. Mayor Ginther outlined his request for voters to approve a new bond package that would unleash an unprecedented $200 million to build housing that is affordable for those earning less than $50,000 per year.
- Include everyone by addressing racial and economic disparities and fostering economically diverse neighborhoods. This will be achieved through inclusive housing policies, direct investment in Black homeownership and alignment of housing with transportation plans to ensure long-term connectivity. This also includes updates to the Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) residential tax abatement introduced to Columbus City Council today, which will require developers to build additional affordable units in high-rent neighborhoods in order to qualify for an abatement.
More on Ohio Pen
- Entrepreneurs Compete for National Exposure in 'Perfect Pitch' Event
- Why Market Timing is a Bad Idea
- City of Akron Welcomes Temporary Public Dance Floor Installation in Lock 4
- Boom Boom Firearms Training LLC., Is Hosting Maryland Wear & Carry Permit (CCW) 16-Hour Courses For Eligible MD Residents & Non Residents
- Flexjet to Showcase its New Private Helicopter Division During Monterey Car Week with a Sikorsky S-76 on Display at The Quail
The Columbus Housing Strategy aims to provide affordable housing options throughout the region. The goal is ambitious: To ensure that every family has access to affordable housing. Housing is considered "affordable" if a household spends less than 30 percent of its income on housing expenses.
For more information on the Columbus Housing Strategy, visit www.columbus.gov/development.
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Akron: Headworks Improvement Project Approaching Final Phase
- Aquia Inc. Announces Government and Cyber Veteran Advisory Board; Names Renee Wynn Inaugural Member
- Keyfactor Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 List for Third Consecutive Year and Recognized as the Fastest Growing PKI and Cryptography Leader in America
- Ironside Human Resources Ranks No.765 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List
- CareWell Health Medical Center Expands Leadership Team, Adds New COO
- Global Workplace Mental Health Provider CuraLinc Healthcare Debuts on the Inc. 5000 List
- Arizona Fireplaces Ranks No. 3277 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List
- Motherly Named to 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List Among America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Big Lots to Report Second Quarter Results on August 30, 2022
- Summit Report Released: Keeping Schools Open in 2022 and Beyond
- Vertical Capital Income Fund (VCIF) Announces 2022 Annual Meeting and Record Date
- Rocky Brands Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Bold New Book, If Only We Knew, Offers A Framework To Understand And Solve Today's Social Issues
- Living Waters Inc to Host the "2022 Mental Health Summit"
- Thermocouple, Thermistor or RTD? – Part 1
- PMT Group adds 30,000 sq ft for Magnetic Material and Lightweight Metal Production
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Improved PPE Mask Covering for the Entire Head (CCT-4664)
- Wood Underwear® FW22 Introduces New Styles in Lounge
- Loxperts Inc. launches the first-ever on-demand freelancer marketplace dedicated to localization experts
- BankiFi Secures $4.8 Million Investment for North American Expansion