- Governor Mike DeWine Proclaims Jan. 23-Jan. 29 "Ohio School Choice Week"; Recognizes Options as Vital in K-12 Education
- Raleigh Business Leader Joins 2022 National Small Business Association Board Leadership
- Trina Rockstarr "Diamond Princess" Apes into Metaverse with 456 Collectors Club
The recipients of this year's gifts are MARCA Industries Inc. in Marion, Marion County, and Ability Works Inc. in Sandusky, Erie County – two organizations that provide support services to individuals with disabilities and promote inclusivity within their communities.
"We're proud to support these organizations because their missions align with our commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued, included and respected," said Lorna Wisham, president of the FirstEnergy Foundation. "The winners were chosen by FirstEnergy External Affairs employees who identified organizations in their local areas that do extraordinary work to strengthen the community and enhance the lives of vulnerable and underserved populations."
Established in 1967, MARCA Industries Inc. provides individuals with disabilities with a variety of habilitation services, job training and career opportunities to assist those interested in permanent and successful employment within their communities.
"The generous funds provided by the FirstEnergy Foundation will support programs that help the people we serve gain a greater sense of independence and feeling of self-worth that they deserve," said Michelle Albertini, chief executive officer of MARCA Industries Inc. "Our programs give the people we serve a chance to learn new skills and make connections, as well as give the community a chance to get to know them in return."
More on Ohio Pen
- Automated Data Collection Reduces Errors
- Three Senior Attorneys Join Gertsburg Licata
- Construction Machinery Sales Set to Improve in North America
- Mayor Horrigan Announces Planning Underway for Akrons Bicentennial Celebration in 2025
- Right now Unique Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has the largest volume of inventory in the Burlington area!
Similarly, Ability Works Inc. provides individuals with developmental disabilities in northcentral Ohio with employment services, day services, transportation and other community-based services customized to their specific needs.
"For over 45 years, our focus has been to find ways people with disabilities can participate and thrive in everyday activities and enjoy all aspects of the community," said Laura LaGodney, chief executive officer of Ability Works Inc. "We are grateful to have received this FirstEnergy Foundation gift because the coronavirus pandemic has created unique challenges for people with developmental disabilities, and it will allow us to continue to safely offer programs and resources that positively impact their lives."
Photos of FirstEnergy's annual "Gifts of the Season" check presentations are being shared on social media using the hashtag #GiftsofFE. Since its inception in 2016, the campaign has awarded nearly $500,000 to organizations that work to strengthen communities.
The FirstEnergy Foundation is funded solely by FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) and provides support to nonprofit, tax-exempt health and human services agencies; educational organizations; cultural and arts programs and institutions; and civic groups in areas served by FirstEnergy's 10 electric operating companies and in areas where the company conducts business.
Ohio Edison serves more than one million customers across 34 Ohio counties. Follow Ohio Edison on Twitter @OhioEdison, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OhioEdison, and online at www.ohioedison.com.
More on Ohio Pen
- SafuCoin (SAFUCOIN) announces it will provide a critical missing part of the infrastructure for the crypto economy – a 'trust layer'
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- Owens Corning to Announce Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2021 Financial Results on February 16
- Dana Introduces Brevini™ S-Series Gearboxes Customized for Biogas Production, Wastewater Treatment Applications
- CyberSecurity Malaysia, EclecticIQ, and Syntx Sign MOU to Build Cyber Threat Intelligence Capabilities in the Region
FirstEnergy is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. The company's transmission subsidiaries operate approximately 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions. Follow FirstEnergy online at www.firstenergycorp.com and on Twitter @FirstEnergyCorp.
Editor's Note: Photos of the Gifts of the Season being presented to these organizations by FirstEnergy representatives are available for download on Flickr.
SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Ohio Pen
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- Babcock & Wilcox Renewable Awarded $11 Million Contract to Provide Technologies for Biomass Boiler Upgrade
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- TravelCenters of America Outlines Plans Heading into 50th Anniversary Year
- Aktion Associates Appoints Two Vice Presidents
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following Data Breach at StarTek, Inc
- Jim Koons Automotive Company Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit
- Cincinnati Fitness Studio Opens Second Location, Celebrates One Year
- Prosource Acquires PBSI Technology Solutions, Expands IT Capabilities and Expertise
- Triumph Technology Solutions (Triumph Tech), announced today Amplify
- Torres Trade Advisory and Vazquez Tercero & Zepeda Join Forces to Help U.S. and Mexican Companies Navigate Trade and Regulatory Compliance
- Urban City Codes Selects SureImpact to Measure Impact of Culturally-focused Technology Training
- Quality In Flow (QinFlow) awarded Patient Blood and Fluid Warming agreement with Premier, Inc
- CoagCo LLC Announces Agreement with North American Rescue to Distribute its Innovative Nosebleed Device
- Spades New Biotech is a Game-Changer in Climate Change
- Texas Arena League (TAL) Excited to Add Military Arena Polo Tournaments to 2022 Roster of Events; Dates and Locations Released
- Crowds Wire LTD is Launching the Marketing Agency New Site