- Why should I use a company for Air Duct Cleaning in NJ
- Agent Timothy Braue Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- Federal Defendants Acquitted of Conspiracy to Possess and Possession of 279 Kilos of Cocaine
"The City of Columbus is making a major capital investment to rebuild Hudson Street in Linden to improve transportation for all users, and create better and safer access to jobs, education, transit and other services in the community," Mayor Ginther said. "The project represents further advancement of the 'big ideas' outlined in the One Linden Community Plan that the city, our partners and the Linden community are implementing to revitalize and reinvigorate this proud neighborhood."
The Hudson roadway will be completely rebuilt, with a new waterline and storm sewers installed. New sidewalk will be built along the north side and a shared-use path added along the south side to support safe mobility and access for pedestrians and bicyclists. Other planned improvements include new traffic signals, streets lights and street trees, and improvements to the east leg of the intersection at I-71 to serve as the gateway to Linden.
More on Ohio Pen
- Orbex Launches "The Ultimate Trading Course" Live Educational Series
- Babcock & Wilcox Awarded $42 Million Contract for Installation of Environmental Equipment for U.S. Power Plant
- "DJ Mark Battle" Keeps Draymond Green on the dancefloor for hours during Wedding Weekend Extravaganza
- American Financial Group, Inc. Increases Annual Common Stock Dividend by 12.5%; Seventeenth Consecutive Year of Dividend Increases
- Ellipse Solutions Exhibiting at Community Summit North America 2022
"The Department of Public Service is excited to kick off the construction phase of rebuilding Hudson Street," said Director Jennifer L. Gallagher. "Our Design and Construction team has spent many, many months completing the detailed planning and design work needed to prepare for construction, and we look forward to delivering a brand new Hudson to Linden that supports safe multimodal travel."
Currently, construction is occurring on Hudson between Cleveland Avenue and McGuffey Road, as crews install a new 24-inch waterline to replace the existing 100-year-old line. The second phase of construction will occur between McGuffey Road and I-71. Each phase is expected to take approximately one construction season, and the new Hudson Street is projected to be fully open to traffic in summer 2024.
Throughout construction, eastbound traffic on Hudson Street will be maintained. Westbound traffic will be detoured to Weber Road. The Department of Public Service has worked with the Central Ohio Transit Authority to relocate westbound bus stops to Weber Road during construction.
The project improvements will enhance safety along the Hudson corridor, which is on the Vision Zero Columbus High Injury Network due to the higher density of fatal, serious injury and/or crashes involving vulnerable road user like pedestrians and bicyclists that occur on it.
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Improvement, data science pros to convene in Atlanta Sept. 19-21
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2022 October Speak Up Women Conference and Last Call For Speakers
- Mandarina Houses presents a comprehensive solution to your real estate needs
- Bundledocs launch new Cloud PDF Editor as part of their entry into North American market
- Non-profit Responds to Post Covid Needs
- Eagan Immigration Announces Their Debut on the Inc. 5000
- The Stage is Set for The 2022 DLH Inspire Awards in Hollywood
- Contracting Resources Group, Inc. Named on Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for Fifth Year
- Local Parents, Community Members Announce Plans to Open Classical K-12 Private School in Columbus, Ohio
- Former Marine Sergeant Michael J. Rotch Launches Life Coaching Program, Helping People Find Their Voice
- LCNB Corp. Announces Third Quarter Dividend
- Climate Justice Advocate, Felicia Davis, Statement on the Inflation Reduction Act
- Update on I-5 Project, Black Prime Contractor Raimore Construction
- For the 5th Time, Roundstone Appears on the Inc. 5000
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Christopher Hussey, Hired
- Akron: Headworks Improvement Project Approaching Final Phase
- Aquia Inc. Announces Government and Cyber Veteran Advisory Board; Names Renee Wynn Inaugural Member
- Keyfactor Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 List for Third Consecutive Year and Recognized as the Fastest Growing PKI and Cryptography Leader in America
- Ironside Human Resources Ranks No.765 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List
- CareWell Health Medical Center Expands Leadership Team, Adds New COO