"The economic crisis of COVID-19 has literally impacted every corner of our community," said Mayor Ginther. "I am calling together the best minds to tackle all of the challenges of our current situation and help build resiliency into all sectors to manage future challenges."
COVID-19 has resulted in a public health crisis that has disproportionately impacted minorities, both physically and financially, exposing disparities that existed prior to the virus. The ensuing human services crisis and economic challenges are having a greater negative economic impact on minority communities and lower wage earners.
The committee will focus on two areas: human services (affordable housing, housing evictions reduction, food security, childcare) and economic recovery (job readiness, digital inclusion, accessible mobility options, small business support, travel/tourism/cultural institutions).
More on Ohio Pen
- An Original Radio Play Mystery Comedy "The Case of the Missing Parents"
- Nina West Came To Slay This Halloween
- Fine Art, Jewelry & Decorative Arts at Auction this Autumn at Shapiro Auctions
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine and University of the Southwest Partner to Offer Students Medical School Opportunity
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
Christie Angel, President and CEO of YWCA, has agreed to chair the committee.
"COVID-19 has exposed needs and deficiencies in our community, plunging us into a sea of disruption, uncertainty and survival. Through it all our community has shown that it can rise up against difficult challenges and respond to the most daunting threats," said Angel. "Now is the time to come together to create a plan for repair and progress beyond this pandemic. I want to thank Mayor Ginther for having the vision to begin this work and I look forward to working with him and all of the members of the committee."
"Now is the best time to capture lessons from this crisis and build new resiliency into our systems," said Council President Shannon Hardin, who will serve on the committee. "Christie Angel is well-suited to lead this effort as our community works to combat racism and fights to ensure dignity for all."
The Committee's work will initially consist of briefings on various topics to assess the pandemic's impact on the economy and its effect on local businesses and human service providers. Working groups will then be formed to identify and develop recommendations and solutions to report back to the full committee.
Here is the list of those who have agreed to serve on the committee to date. A complete list of committee members will be available the week of September 21.
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Blue Water Vaccines Announces Development of Vaccine Candidates to Address G4 EA H1N1 Swine Influenza Virus and Streptococcus Pneumoniae
- Rize Welcomes Greg Brent to Sales Leadership Role
- ILoveLeasing.com® Spherexx CRM Gains Twenty-Four Companies in 2020
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- Irth Solutions Announces Appointment of Ron Childress to its Board of Directors
- City of Columbus and Partners Announce Learning Extension Centers
- Insivia Re-launches SaaS Founder Show
- PrimeArray Systems is thrilled to offer the must-have NAS features of 2021
- Syxsense Experiences Record-Breaking Growth As Millions of Remote Workers Create Cyber Security Demand
- How Climate Change Factors into the Forecast for the US Pipe Market
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Yosemite Pathology Group on Recent Acquisition
- Brilligent Solutions to Join the Formation of BlueHalo in Combination with AEgis Technologies and Applied Technology Associates
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Shiloh Industries, Inc. to Proceed with Sale to Grouper Holdings, LLC, a Subsidiary of MiddleGround Capital
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund