"The COVID-19 pandemic has put a strain on working families trying to find positive, safe and creative outlets for their children this summer," said Mayor Andrew J. Ginther. "I'm excited that the City was able to provide funding to nonprofit partners to help meet the needs of our kids during this public health emergency."
Columbus received $157 million in CARES Act funding from the U.S. Treasury to be used for expenditures directly related to the City's response to COVID-19. These funds are being allocated for direct response to COVID-19, human services and economic recovery.
The summer youth grant program aims to ease the challenges families currently face due to the public health emergency, address gaps in programming and ensure youth are supported during this challenging time. Funds will be administered through the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department and will support over 25,000 Columbus youth.
More on Ohio Pen
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- New Memoir By U.S. Marine: Releasing on Amazon September 06 2020
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Tropical Storm Isaias Update
- Building Your Success System. Unique New eBook
- Onlive Server Announced Europe based Germany VPS Server Hosting Services with KVM Hypervisor Cloud Panel
"Our goal is to provide as much enriching and structured programming as possible for kids this summer," said Council President Pro Tem Elizabeth Brown. "I'm elated that we are able to partner with the nonprofit community through these grants to help meet the needs of kids and families in Columbus."
Grant funds will support much needed supplies that encourage social distancing, such as cleaning supplies, masks and signage. Grant funds also will address the gap in programming due to COVID-related reductions in service. Programs include virtual and in-person summer camps that focus on school readiness, science and technology, arts and crafts, workforce development, financial literacy and much more. Nonprofit organizations that will receive funding include:
- A Kid AgainAll THAT (Teens Hopeful About Tomorrow)Asian American Community ServicesBoy Scouts of AmericaBoys and Girls Club of Central OhioCentral Community HouseClintonville-Beechwold Community Resource CenterColumbus Children's TheaterColumbus Montessori Education CenterColumbus Museum of ArtCommunities in Schools of Central OhioCOSIEthiopian Tewahedo Social Services (ETSS)FemergyFlying Horse FarmsFranklin Park ConservatoryGateway Film CenterGirl Scouts of Ohio's HeartlandGlass AxisGodman GuildHomeport Ohio/Concrete Orkidz FoundationKaleidoscope Youth CenterLifeCare AllianceLincoln Theater AssociationLower Lights MinistriesMaroon Arts GroupOhio State LiFESportsSouthfield Community Missionary Baptist Church(SCMBC)St. Joseph Montessori SchoolThe Art MobileThe Buckeye RanchThe Driven FoundationThe First Tee Central OhioThe King Arts ComplexThe Masters Preparatory AcademyThink Make Live YouthUnited Schools NetworkWarriors Karate AcademyWe Amplify Voices/Dick and Jane ProjectYMCA of Central Ohio
More on Ohio Pen
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
- Media Advisory: Tropical Storm Isaias Update
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
Latest on Ohio Pen
- Shifts in Regional Construction Activity Affect US Siding Market - Freedonia Group Analysis
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- New 4-Channel ET-4 Expert Transient from Delphin
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Exclusive Series Screening: Toni Thai Has Us Step Into The Girl's Room with "Potty Break"
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
- NACCE and Bridge for Billions Team Up to Offer "The Leap" to Community College Entrepreneurs Across the Nation
- Legacy Park Sports Launches GoDog GameStream To Live Stream Baseball and Softball Tournaments
- Onlive Server Launched UK VPS Server Hosting Service with Hypervisor KVM Cloud Panel and SSD Storage
- Alpega Partners with project44 to Deliver Advanced Visibility in North America and Europe
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- All-Akron Student Engineering Program to Host Virtual Closing Ceremony to Honor Participants
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- Akron: Mayor Horrigan Issues Request for Proposals for New Residential Development on Theiss Road
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?
- TTS 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting